Friday, January 20, 2012

The Fifteen Minute Blog

I am definitely trying to get better at this blogging thing. I read the other day where someone classified herself as an "Avid Blogger" and it made me wonder what constituted an avid blogger. I try to be a consistent blogger but I have yet to make the avid blogger status in my mind.   Thinking over this blogger identity concept, I decided I needed to up my blogging more.  So what did I do to get blog ideas?  I googled.  Google is so my friend.  And I came across a blogging challenge - the fifteen minute blog challenge. You are reading mine.  I apologize right now if the rest of this entry's content is not entertaining or filled with mistakes, but I thought this would be a fun challenge to take on.

The challenge is simply to write whatever for 15 minutes.  I often do free writing when I journal or come up with ideas for other writing projects but I have never published my free writing. I love to write whatever comes to mind.  The author of the challenge said it would loosen up your writing and allow for more creativity to come forward. I have to admit one reason my blog entries have been slower than usual is that I was taking my writing too seriously. I was over-editing and being too critical of everything I put out there.  Free writing definitely rids you of those thoughts because you write whatever you think.

In the future, I promise myself to keep my blog up more. I have several blogs I follow but one really captivated me and her style of exposing her thoughts and life to really inspire others.  If you have not read yet http://www.brittneyjoywilliams.com/, I advise you do.  I was first drawn to her blog because it was listed on another blogger's site as "Running in High Heels." I thought - I do that! So I checked out her blog and loved her personal, intimate writing style. I aspire to have that type of connection with my readers. By the way, who are you?  I would love to know who is actually reading this blog.  I know a few are everyday - or my mom is checking it non stop at least!  Someone is keeping my stats counter going though and so whoever it is - thank you!

Anyway, I guess you are wondering - do I really run in high heels?  To be completely honest, I don't like to run period.  In tennis shoes, flip flops, barefeet, or high heels - running is just dreadful to me. I admire runners but have no desire to do so myself unless I am running from a bee - then I could compete with the best of the Kenyan runners!  But being a 5'2" Southern Belle, there is rarely a day when heels are not on my feet. So yes, if a bee is chasing me and the odds are I am wearing heels then that would mean I am running in high heels. However I did, to my cousin's amusement, wear three inch heels to a family outing to a park one year.  While the guys played baseball, the girls hit the track.  And I walked for an hour in heels without complaining on a gravel track.  But y'all, that is just good Southern Belle training that prepares you for those circumstances!  My high heel track exercise is still a funny story in my family today. 

And my fifteen minutes are up - hope you enjoyed my stream of consciousness writing!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment