Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bring On The Holiday Commericals (My soapbox for the day)

Getting dressed for work this morning, I heard Jingle Bells floating through the house but the words were slightly changed to advertise the local business.  I love this time of the year!  No, you will not catch me complaining about the onslaught of holiday commercials that start slowly peeking out around October 20th but become a regular occurrence by the beginning of November.  It is fun! And why complain about fun?  No, Christmas is not here yet. We still do have Thanksgiving to celebrate and of course my birthday as well!  But do the Christmas commercials take away from my ability to celebrate Thanksgiving or my birthday or the rest of football season? No!  It just reminds me of all the fun times coming up.  No one ever complains about a summer vacation commercial in February.  We still celebrate Valentine's and play in the snow but when we are freezing it reminds us that warm times will arrive again.  So to all the bah humbuggers out there, stop complaining and start enjoying all of the holidays. It is suppose to be fun and your yearly ritual of whining about the holiday commericals coming on to early won't stop it so keep your negative thoughts to yourself while the rest of us happily hum Jingle Bells!



No comments:

Post a Comment