Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Minute Reflection

When I am working out and feeling the challenge of pushing myself past my what I consider my physical limits, my mind wanders to what I can be. Am I a fitness fanatic in the making?  Could I be a master of yoga...what are yoga experts called anyway?  Maybe I could get certified and teach other people how to be fit.  I wonder do I allow myself to be all that I want to be in my life. Or do I let myself be shaped by my past ideas of what my identity should be.

The idea of constant self-evaluation and rediscovery of myself is exciting. I get to daydream about what choices I have made that are right for me and what things I want to add to my life to continue to shape my identity. I teach my students that goal setting and self reflection are important activities that sometimes get pushed to the side in the midst of daily life chaos. However, we have to focus on ourselves to develop into the people we want to be. Is there anything you want to change or add to your life?  Maybe one day I will be a dedicated fitness guru....what will you be? Are you working on it today?


ZUMBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment