Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beach Bound!

Shortly after my first winter-complaining post, my sweet and thoughtful boyfriend gave me a silver necklace with a tiny silver flip flop pendant hanging on it.  He told me it was to remind me that summer would again return and to cheer me up until it did.  My little necklace did make me smile a lot.  Then another set of winter blues set in causing me to write yet another blog about my summer dreaming.  Boyfriend then reminded me I had already wrote one blog on that topic....I guess I was really suffering from snow suffocation by that point.  This morning I was thinking about what I should blog on this week when I came up with the perfect idea - I could write about all the fun things I plan on doing this summer!  Half way through mentally writing the blog in my head, I thought something seemed familiar. Then I remembered that I had already blogged on the summer topic and my plans for summer twice before.  Either I am getting very absent minded lately or I am really, really excited about summer.

I love all four seasons but this particular winter seemed to last longer than ever with our last 37 degree morning just being this past Monday. I have never in my life witnessed 30 something degrees on May 16th. I just don't know how our Yankee cousins do it. Maybe that is why there is such a thing as Southern Hospitality - it is a lot easier to be friendly to all kinds of strangers when you aren't FREEZING! Northerners aren't unfriendly at all - they are just COLD!

I say all this to say I am BEACH BOUND tomorrow which means summer is officially getting kicked off. My plan?  To play summer up for all it's worth so that when the seasons start to change in a few months, I will be ready to embrace colder temps all over again.  Until then, I will spare you any more blogs on my summer plans because now summer is here and the plans are in action!  I will see you wherever there is water y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment