Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Reverb 12, Prompt 11: Small Pleasures

Prompt Courtesy of sunnysideup

I consider myself a very happy person.  Goldie Hawn once described this type of happiness as having a little giggle inside always just ready to come out.  I got what Goldie was talking about because that is how I feel pretty much every day.    I credit this a lot to having a lot of small pleasures that make up every day for me.  I am very blessed and recognize the small things make up our lives.

In the spirit of the holiday season as well as an attempt to shorten a very long list, I will just list my holiday small pleasures

* Morning Folgers coffee in a gigantic mug that cups just right in my hands

* Being excited about having a special treat like pumpkin bread for breakfast (my current breakfast of choice during the holiday season) see recipe for it here

* Christmas lights

* Christmas music

* Starbucks Christmas themed cup

* A Christmas tree lighting up the room with no other lights on

* A Christmas Story and the 24 hour marathon on TBS

* Hot cocoa, hot cider

* Christmas commercials (weird I know but I love to all of a sudden have holiday music drifting through the house during a commercial)

* The candles on the advent wreath

* Christmas spiritual readings (in daily devotionals)

* My ultimate favorite: tucked away on a quiet cold Sunday afternoon during the holiday season with Christmas music playing and reading a book while sipping something hot and being cozy and warm.

* Christmas office parties

* Christmas candy

*Enjoying a glass of wine after work with Christmas music playing and the tree lit up

*Going to take a coffee shop break in the middle of a shopping trip and getting a cup of coffee with a  holiday treat

*The Square lit up and decorated for Christmas...I get to live in a Christmas village!

 

*Most importantly during the holiday season and every day, my friends and family that God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment