Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh Baby!

"Don't get excited yet, it's malfunctioning!"  Women who want a baby imagine just how the special moment will unfold.  Women think about how they will tell the soon to be papas. There is a glow to the daydream and all is well.  Well, 5 days after Thanksgiving this year, our special moment came.  Nothing like a daydream or well planned moment but more like a whirlwind that blurred everything.  I have been asked often how did I tell hubby. My first words when I saw the excitement on his face was to not get excited yet because the test was malfunctioning! Not exactly words you daydream about telling in your special moment.  It was perfect.

The test turned from a blank screen to a positive pink plus sign before I could even finish taking the test.  The quick result, not the five minute wait indicated on the package, made me think that the test had malfunctioned.  I asked Ed to come check it because I did not trust my eyes. I looked at him while he saw the test for the first time and witnessed a completely sincere, beautiful reaction. His eyes lit up with excitement and his hand went over his open mouth.We spent the rest of the evening bouncing through a variety of emotions but mainly disbelief and excitement.

Yes, about 8 months into our marriage we found out we are expecting. We were going to wait the standard year before really trying but our little bundle had other plans.  Bundle (short for Bundle of Joy) is scheduled to arrive on August 3rd, a day after Ed's 40th birthday. I have been telling Ed that I wanted to give him something special for his 40th...mission accomplished!  He is so excited that he hopes Bundle arrives on his birthday.  For some reason, I believe Bundle will come a few days early but we will see.

Last year you joined me on the journey to marriage and the first few months of marriage. Now the conversation continues. A conversation that I promise to be better at updating (last semester was just crazy busy).  In the coming months, I will be continuing to blog about marriage because  we are still newlyweds!  I will also be talking about pregnancy and sharing as many details as (comfortably) possible. And of course as a Modern Day Southern Belle there will always be stories of the South.  I hope you will join me in this next journey of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment