Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Balconies of My Life: Florida

Every summer we head south to a Florida hotel room or condo that has a balcony with a beach view. My love affair of Florida balconies began about four years ago. Since then, summer is not complete if I don't get the chance to stand out on a balcony over looking the white sand and sparkling blue waters of a Florida beach.

The first thing I do upon arriving to our Florida destination is run through the hotel/condo to the balcony. I push back the curtains to reveal emerald waters and happy beach goers. The loud sounds of the waves that muffle the sounds of people screaming over the water fill the balcony.  I feel like an excited kid. As happy as I am to stand on the balcony, the first view of the beach from that vantage point makes me feel uncomfortable with excited energy. I am ready to get to the beach!

Usually by the first evening, after spending the day on the beach, the best place to end the day is back on the balcony. I am really surprised I even see the rest of the rental. As on all the other balconies, the days are started off with coffee and breakfast on the balcony and the days are ended with a glass of wine and talks of good times.  Life is good any day on a balcony.


My first view of the beach.

Sunsets always look better from a balcony!

Best view of the beach life!


I took this picture on our "honeymoon re-do" from our balcony.  The chair set up was not ours but for a family staying in the condos. I loved the picture so much that I had it framed and hung in my "beach" bathroom at home. It reminds me that no matter where my family may be we will all get together often to enjoy each other, beach time and balconies.

No comments:

Post a Comment