Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday Third Trimester Countdown: 30 weeks and 4 days

Hitting 30 weeks is a major mental pregnancy milestone. You realize that he will be here soon and there is only a countdown left of 10 weeks!  The realization really hit us this week when we were at Home Depot and realized we had less than 70 days to get ready for our little buddy.  This realization changed a few of our home renovation plans for his room and moved us into fast forward. One minute we were planning on installing recess lighting into the nursery and the next minute we were purchasing a nice new light fixture instead. Realizing we did not have time to do a bigger project at this point, Ed installed the light fixture that day and I love it. The recess lighting can come later but Buckner is definitely on schedule to come on time so we have to get his nursery ready!

 Size of Baby:  According to the The Bump, our sweet little twisting and turning baby boy is the size of a cucumber (which seems small to me but maybe they are talking about a genetically engineered gigantic cucumber!). He is suppose to be anywhere up to 16.7 inches long and up to 3.8 pounds. And The Bump says he is strong enough to grasp a finger!

Movement: All the time and I love it. I love it when he kicks Ed. We hugged last night and Buckner kicked Ed in the stomach.  These are all very sweet, exciting moments that get me through the not so fun times like....

What I Miss the Most:
Not being nauseated and huge!  The other night as I was getting ready for bed, I had a slight (no tears) mini breakdown. The vastness of my body has just become overwhelming!   All you mamas to be out there around 20 something weeks...you think you are huge right now but just wait!  And the size has nothing to do with vanity, it has everything to do with exhaustion of moving with 30 extra pounds!

Cravings: Fruit! Tons of fruit. The other day I almost bought out the fruit section at Kroger's. I purchased: bananas, blueberries, watermelon, honey dew, fresh pineapple, canned pineapple, frozen peaches and frozen mango. Ed wondered what else we were going to eat for the week when I basically brought home a fruit basket for our week of groceries.

Symptoms: Nausea and swelling of the ankles. The swelling is better when I exercise a lot.

Best Moment of the Week: Sitting in my 10 foot blow up pool my sweet husband fixed for me while I drank a peach smoothie.  Also, exercising..it really does make me feel better!



No comments:

Post a Comment