Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday Third Trimester Countdown

I will be 30 weeks pregnant on Sunday. Today, according to The Bump, I have 73 days until my expected due date of August 3rd.  Neither number sounds like too much time left until we meet our little buddy and the countdown excites me as well as provokes some anxiety over everything we need to get done!  Between moving and busy work schedules, the nursery is a bare room with shower gifts on the floor.  Time to put it together! I get stressed thinking about all we need to do but then I remind myself take it one step a time.

Since we are nearing a 10 week countdown, I decided I would like to document the remaining trimester every Thursday with Thursdays Third Trimester Countdown. To mark a lot of the moments, I loved the format another blogger and friend (Georgia on My Mind) used to describe her pregnancy.

Size of Baby:  According to the The Bump, our little fellow is the size of an acorn squash weighing any where from 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measuring somewhere around 16 inches...no wonder my stomach is sticking out so far on my 5'2" frame! I did not have a sonogram yesterday at my doctor's appointment but I start my every two weeks appointments now so hopefully the next one will involve a scan so I can know more about my little punkin's size!

Movement: All the time....unless I tell someone else to feel for him then he stubbornly stops. Thankfully, my husband feels him a lot and it is so sweet to see the amazement in his eyes when he feels him turn or kick. My mother has also had the opportunity to feel her grandson move.  He is definitely on the move and I love the twists, turns and kicks which are not painful to me (yet) but a comforting reminder that he is doing well.

What I Miss the Most: Not being nauseated!  I was very nauseated during the first trimester but thankfully it subsided for the most part during the second trimester. Now as I start the third, it seems to be reappearing again. The sick feeling isn't as bad as the first trimester and I pray it will not get any worse!  I also miss some of my favorites like a good cup of coffee in the morning. I know I can have a cup but the smell and taste of coffee top my aversions list. And of course, I miss my wine! Ha!

Cravings: My cravings vary from day to day based on what sounds like it will help the nausea go away.  The cravings that seem to be a mainstay and never really nauseate me are fruits and carbs but nothing too wierd. I never really ate carbs or sugar before I got pregnant. I maintained a strict, healthy diet of no gluten and limited sugar but both seem to be what I crave the most these days!  The craving made Ed predict early that I was having a boy because I wasn't eating just rabbit food anymore!

Symptoms: Nausea and swelling of the ankles at the end of most days but that seems to have gone away in the last few days.

Best Moment of the Week: I told Buckner I loved him yesterday and he promptly responded with a kick. I told him I loved him again and he kicked again! He loves his mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment