Friday, June 20, 2014

Thursdays Third Trimester Countdown: 33 weeks

So my Thursday  was spent being busy at work and having a very long wait at the doctor's office followed by an evening out with another beautiful mama to be. Therefore, the Thursday blog post got bumped to Friday. Nevertheless, I am still writing my weekly update...just a day late. 

According to The Bump, we only have 44 days until Baby Buckner arrives!  I am so excited but need every one of those 44 days to tackle my never ending to do list.  With very little (okay no energy) after work each day, I scramble to get as much done as possible during the weekend.  This weekend will be full of fun though because my friend, Leigh, (Buckner's godmother) is coming to stay with us and it is our baby shower on Sunday!  I am looking forward to a weekend of celebrating Baby Buckner's upcoming arrival.

Size of Baby: At the doctor's appointment yesterday, I measured 36 which is the top of where I can be right now at 33 weeks. I am thinking that means Buckner is a healthy, growing boy!  I am proud to say that my weight gain has slowed down and I only gained one pound in two weeks...whew!

Movement: He is kicking away and I love every moment of it. The other day I got busy and realized I had not felt him in a little while. I got worried and started to talk to him and concentrate on trying to feel any movement. He started to move a little which made me feel better . Then Family Affair by Mary J. Blige came on and he started kicking away. I guess it just took a little Mary to wake him up from his nap!


What I Miss Most: Last night at dinner, wine was being served to it seemed like every one at the restaurant.  I can't wait to have a nice glass of wine (or two) with my dinner again!

Cravings: I love watermelon! As soon as I walk in the house from the grocery store, I pretty much finish it before I can even put it in the fridge.


Symptoms: The summer heat has helped a third trimester symptom progress...my feet, ankles and hands are swelling. I have never been one to swell so I thought I would avoid this symptom but with 44 more days to go, the swelling has started. 

Worst Moment of the Week: Because of the swelling, my doctor told me it was time to take my wedding rings off. I felt very sad as I wedged them off last night to put them in my jewelry box. My fingers feel so naked today but my mom reminded me it is better to take them off now then to have to have them cut off later.


Best Moment of the Week:   Ed and I got a wading pool and sat in it the other night. He had a beer and I had juice. The cold water made my ankles go back to normal within an hour!  I also loved getting the pack and play that my mom bought us.  We are inching closer and closer to getting completely ready for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment