Friday, June 27, 2014

Third Trimester Thursdays (or Fridays): 34 weeks

I am moving a lot slower these days which includes posting blog posts on Fridays that were suppose to be published on Thursdays. Maybe I should rename the posts "Falling Behind Fridays." But I am determined to document the last few weeks of pregnancy so whether it is Thursday or Friday...here is my update!

Buckner is growing but thankfully I think my weight gain has slowed down a little bit. However, I probably put on a few this week due to my friend coming to town and us eating our way through Oxford this past Saturday. We followed our food fest on Sunday by another feast day at the shower.  But the extra pounds are well worth it this week because it was a weekend full of fun, family, friends and FOOD!  More to come about our wonderful shower later next week.

Size of Baby: Not sure his exact size right now because I have not had a sonogram in the last few weeks but I would guess at the rate he was going that he weighs around 5 or 5 1/2 pounds. Maybe that is wishful thinking because I don't want him to be a huge baby to deliver. I am hoping for a nice healthy 7 pounds!

Movement: He is still squirming around but I think he is getting more crowded so the kicks feel a little different more like twists.


What I Miss Most: Not much this week just waiting every day to get a little closer to the big day.

Cravings: Still can't get enough watermelon!


Symptoms: Still swelling and harder to move around.

Worst Moment of the Week: My tooth broke the other evening! I was eating a delicious turkey burger that my husband made and thought I had found a hard piece in the burger which freaked me out. After spitting it out and still feeling pain, I realized that I had lost a filling...so I thought. I went to the dentist the next day to learn that my tooth had cracked and when it did I lost the filling. So I have a temporary filling in it for now with an appointment to get a crown next week. Not what I want to be doing at 35 weeks pregnant!


Best Moment of the Week:  
My sweet, sweet husband rubbing my deformed and swollen feet at night. And of course our shower, where we were overwhelmed with the love and support of our friends and family!

34 weeks and 4 days pregnant

1 comment: