Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekend Breakfast

There is something special about weekend breakfast.  I love to plan a bigger breakfast to lazily enjoy on a Saturday morning. The weekend breakfast is a luxury that the rush during the week doesn't allow.  I know other families feel the same.  I have been in the grocery store on a Friday night and once overheard a father ask his children what did they want for their Saturday breakfast.  I could tell that the weekend breakfast was a special tradition the way the children excitedly responded with ideas. Although my favorite example of the weekend tradition has to be my good friend.  When he was living an hour and a half away from home during law school, he was known to wake up early and drive home on a Saturday morning. He would walk in to the kitchen just as his dad was starting the breakfast.

The following recipe has become my favorite go to recipe for breakfast or tailgating.  If you are having a large crowd this dish goes a long way and it seems to please everyone.  So much in fact that after I made it for my boyfriend's family they declared it a tradition.  Have a great weekend y'all!

Sausage Sin
1 pack of regular Jimmy Dean sausage
1 pack of spicy Jimmy Dean sausage
2 blocks of cream cheese
2 cans of crescent rolls

Brown sausage.  Drain grease after the sausage is done and then mix in the cream cheese.  Spray non-stick spray into baking dish and unroll the first can of crescent rolls on the bottom creating a bottom crust. Spread the sausage and cream cheese mixture on crescent roll dough.  Top with a the remaining can of crescent rolls. Bake at the temperature on the crescent roll package until top dough is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment