Friday, February 17, 2012

Top Ten Guilty Pleasures

In honor of  two glorious days of doing whatever we want ahead, otherwise known as the weekend, I am posting my top ten guilty pleasures.  Before I proceed I must mention my disclaimer...doing these so called guilty pleasures really doesn't make me feel guilty at all.  I just feel happy! 

10. Stalking old friends on Facebook to see what is new in their life. I know we have all had the moments where a ten minute Facebook break stole an hour of our lives away.  However, within that hour I am all caught up on the latest with my friends so that is definitely productivity!

9. Sitting on the patio in the evening with good music, family/friends, my patio lights gleaming, and a glass of wine or three that leads to the most fascinating conversations. Although right now you would also need a blanket, space heater and coat....where are you spring???

8. Trash TV.  Love it!  It is my time to completely disconnect from anything intelligent and gawk at other people's slightly staged antics.  Unfortunately I probably love too many trash tv shows. My faves include all of the real housewives shows, the Kardashians (yes I said the Kardashians),  the Bachelor (although the current Bachelor makes me want to gag!), American Idol, and Say Yes to the Dress.  Boyfriend laughs at my trash TV addiction but he actually watched a few episodes with me recently.  To protect his "manliness", I won't tell you which one but I will tell you his running commentary made the show ten times funnier! 

7. Cooking and dancing to my choice of cooking music with a glass of wine and the white Christmas lights lit up in my fig trees.  If you come to my house, you can grab a spatula or spoon and help me cook while we dance to Jimmy Buffett.  Buffett is the only way I can successfully make it through my winter blues. 

6. Perusing and re-pinning on Pinterest for hours. Enough said.

5.  Sitting on the balcony of City Grocery with good friends and laughter.  I think I may be starting to notice an outside/wine connection as a recurring theme in my guilty pleasures.

4. Random road trip.

3. Pampering myself.  Pampering can include, but not limited to, a long bath with a good book, mani/pedi, trip to the salon, shopping, shopping, shopping.  Okay, yeah I should have just said shopping for number three.

2. Coffee shops. Love them because somehow the atmosphere always reignites the creativity in me.

1. Good food.  Always number one in guilty pleasures...with of course good wine and dark chocolate.


 Happy Friday y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment