Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Current Obsessions

Beyond all things wedding and marriage, there are five things that are currently at the top of my obsession list.

Massages

I got my first one this summer at The Beau Rivage on our annual Mother's Day trip. If you live near Biloxi or will be visiting soon, I highly recommend The Beau Rivage spa and salon.  Actually, I highly recommend all things Beau.  My mother and I refer to it as the mother-ship because of  how obsessed we are with our annual pilgrimages. If you go to the spa, expect exceptional customer services and a tranquil environment. I am already saying, "ahhhhhh" thinking about my next spa trip! (And no I don't work for Beau Rivage!)


Manis/Pedis
 
Last November, I got my first pedicure for my birthday. People find it shocking that as feminine as I am, my first pedi was at the age of 33!   I loved it.  It appears that this year has been the year of spa indulgence. My favorite nail colors are usually bright. I am currently loving OPI's Strawberry Margarita!


Devotionals
 
My day gets so busy that even with the best intentions I sometimes do not have time to read a devotional in the morning.  That is why I was inspired by a colleague the other day. I noticed his devotional lying on his desk.  Great idea!  A devotional only takes a few minutes to read but a good one can really set the mood for the day.  I do allow myself brain breaks in the middle of the day so my plan is to bring my book to the office. Now I won't have to cram the reading into the morning rush. My favorite is the Daily Guideposts. My grandmother made this devotional a tradition in our family. So every day it is comforting to know that family members are reading the same inspiring messages. 


Food Network
My obsession with the Food Network started about 7 or 8 years ago. I was in the second year of my doc program when I was sick with a typical autumn cold and stuck in bed in late October.  I had the television on The Food Network as I dosed, drowsy from cold medicine.  Now it is my go-to for comfort television. I have it on even when I am not watching just because the sounds of people cooking create a home zen for myself. Especially when the autumn months start to approach.  I love the shows that feature comfort foods and holiday goodies. They even seem to make the lighting more gold and soft to celebrate the fall season which will soon be here.

Statement Necklaces

I have been looking for a statement necklace all summer.  None seem to work for me.  I think it is that I am obsessed with this necklace and can't seem to find it in stores.  I guess I may have to order it online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment