Monday, August 13, 2012

Marry Me Monday: You Are Invited

According to my to do list in my planner, now is the time to finalize the wording for the invitations.  Oops! Finalize the wording? We haven't even finalized the invitation yet. We have barely looked at them.  I thought I was way ahead of schedule but I was quickly reminded how many more items still need to be completed.  So I started looking at blogs, wedding magazines, and of course Pinterest to get an idea of what we want. 

I got motivated by a fellow blogger who was also a bride on a budget!  In fact, her blog was listed as one of the Top 100 Wedding Blogs so you should check her out:
Bride on a Budget - great blog
Bride on a Budget

I loved her tip to google "discount wedding invitations"  for the best sites. I instantly typed in those words and within about an hour I had discovered several inexpensive options that were gorgeous!  Samples are now in the mail. I am hoping that their appearance will be just as stunning as their price!

Also, in my crash course of selecting invitations, I learned that the invitation sets the tone for your wedding. It is the first hint that a guest receives about your wedding.  No pressure there right?  So not only do I need to find a great deal on invitations but the invitation has to hint to the guest. If only I knew what that hint was suppose to be!

Some of my finds that are gorgeous and good deals are below.  However, to avoid ruining the surprise of our "hint" to our guests, I will not reveal which one that I love the most!  Naaa...really I have no idea which one I love the most! 



Filigree - Invitation
A Southern Girl always appreciate a touch of classic elegance! (From invitations by David's Bridal)


Swirl Frame Photo Invitation- Eclipse
Family and friends know me as the shutter bug so I always adore photo cards!  (From Ann's Bridal Bargains)


tropical wedding
Bright colors make me happy! ( From Minted)



modern wedding invite
Love modern versions that are elegant yet whimsical. (FromWedding Paper Divas)







The couple printed their own pocketed invitations.
DIY - The couple did their own! (From The Knot)     




No comments:

Post a Comment