Friday, August 3, 2012

Sassy Susie's Surprise Sixty!

My mom has taught me to adore birthdays and any cause for celebration!  We go big for birthdays and holidays in my family so my mother's 60th birthday was a definite cause to celebrate.  We had several things planned but I wanted to do something different than normal.  I have never been able to surprise her with a birthday party because we are such huge planners.  But this year I managed to pick a random day of the week - Tuesday, July 24th which was not her birthday and gathered a group of our closest friends for dinner. 

Like I said we love celebrations so it was so hard to remember to not talk about all the plans.  And yes, I had to just completely lie to throw her off but I figured she would forgive me.  Somehow all the guests kept it a secret and what mom thought was just a regular dinner on The Square turned out to be a wonderful surprise to show her she is so loved!
SURPRISE!!!

Realizing this is just not a regular Tuesday dinner!

She stayed in shock for a bit!

Good friends catching up on good times!

Sweet, sweet couple!

I love my mother!!!

The surprises kept coming....a cake was brought out after dinner!

Mom is now Sassy Sixty!

The girls at Boure (Lindsey is not pictured but so glad she could make it!)

Good times!

Good co-workers - GREAT friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment