Friday, October 26, 2012

A Yummy Food for the Weekend!

Happy Friday Y'all!  I am posting this yummy appetizer idea for any weekend festivities.  Actually, I saw it on one of my former student's facebook page and I decided to blog about it so I would have the recipe saved for when I want to try it (completely selfish reason). 

I have been on the hunt for some new good recipes because I have recently started the gluten free diet. I am attempting this new way of eating to see if I can clear up some stomach issues. The issues are improving and the wonderful side affect is I have lost 6 1/2 pounds when I wasn't even trying! So far the diet has not been hard for me because I just need to eliminate wheat, rye and barley.  Taking out these items from my diet leaves me with a healthy regime of fruits, veggies and lean meats. Hardly anything controversial!  However, many recipes, especially party type recipes, call for some type of bread.  Our society seems to revolve around flour!  Thankfully, I am getting creative and finding some new ideas out there.  While this recipe is hardly healthy, it is gluten free and one that I will attempt soon.  Enjoy!

Stuffed Sausage Mushrooms (thank you Claire for posting this recipe on Facebook!)
1 9x11 glass casserole dish
2 boxes whole white mushrooms (medium or large)
1 8 oz. bag shredded mozzerella cheese
1 large tomato (diced)
1 lb. pork sausage (mild or

hot)

Preheat oven to 350. Cook sausage untill completely brown & drain. Wash mushrooms off. Remove stems. Place mushroom caps upside down in casserole dish. Stuff caps with sausage & sprinkle remain sausage over mushrooms. Sprinkle diced tomatoes over that, then sprinkle all the cheese all over that. Then bake for about 10 min. until cheese is melted Serves about 4-6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment