Monday, October 15, 2012

Marry Me Monday: Productive Weekend

Ed and I have been going nonstop lately between work, fun activities, and family gatherings. So we decided to isolate ourselves this weekend and just be.  However, we rarely just find ourselves doing nothing...okay we have never found ourselves doing nothing.  This weekend was no exception.  But it was on our own terms in our own time without a plan or an obligation.

Friday night we ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Rice and Spice, then headed back to the house to spend the cool autumn evening on the patio sipping wine.  Saturday we headed to Tupelo to check off an item on the wedding to do list - the tux!  Tux shopping was quite a different experience than my wedding dress shopping. The entire process, including the fitting, was done within about 30 minutes.  A couple of times during the barrage of questions about style and color, I blanked out because the questions were coming so fast that I could not think.  Ed loved the shopping experience because of the swiftness while I was left feeling a little confused. I guess they knew their intended audience was the male population who typically shops in a vastly different manner than the females.

While the process sped along, I took a moment to soak it all in while Ed tried on a tux. This was one of those special moments about being engaged that I wanted to capture.  We were getting his tux!  Each task completed takes us one step closer to the big day and each task is so special. 

After the tuxes were selected for Ed and the groomsmen, I was in "marital bliss" as Ed called it.  I didn't want to stop so we headed to look for our wedding rings.  We just wanted to get ideas of styles but I am pretty sure that we have found them.  The experience of seeing Ed wearing a ring was not really surreal like I thought it would feel. Instead, his ring seem to be right where it belonged and that thought makes me smile.

Planning a wedding is a huge task but I think we are making the most of it and enjoying the process.  Now as we get closer, it seems like each week has something wedding related that needs to be accomplished.  We were suppose to take engagement pictures this weekend but they were postponed because of the threat of rain.  So next up on the list: bridesmaids dress shopping (next week!), order invitations, book the honeymoon and then try for those engagement pictures again.  Each task taking us one step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment