Monday, January 28, 2013

Marry Me Monday: Bridal Shower!

My lovely, sweet bridesmaids hosted our first bridal shower this past weekend!  Everything was absolutely amazing.  Southern girls just know how to throw a party!  The shower was held in a historic bus station that is now used for small parties.  The tables glowed with little candles and were decorated with white flowers in black vases to highlight our wedding colors.  Champagne glasses stood by ready to be filled with either a champagne punch or mimosa.  And the food was the second best part!  Marinated cheese (amazing), sausage balls, rotel cups, veggies with dip, and pork tenderloin sliders.  I will definitely try to post some of these recipes when I get them later!  For desert, we all dined on my favorite: petit fours!  A friend/food writer also specially made blueberry and marscapone cheese pie holes (miniature pies) and tiny key lime pies.  All fit to be in Southern Living magazine!

So how could I say the food was only the second best part of a Southern shower?  Because the best part was how overwhelmed I was with the love that surrounded us from our family and friends. I had so many wonderful people there to share our joy.  Every where I looked in that room was a smiling face looking back at me.  The afternoon was truly a beautiful occasion to mark this special time.

Later yesterday evening, we had shower part two as Ed and I went back through all the gifts so Ed could see what we received.  Ed shared my same expression of gratitude for the love and care we have around us as he pulled out every piece of stemware, cake dish, plate, baking item, etc. I love how he loved every piece and how excited he was to use each item in our new life together.

I will post more pictures later but for now here is a picture taken at the shower with my wonderful bridesmaids!


No comments:

Post a Comment