Monday, September 24, 2012

What makes a southern wedding "Southern"

Several weeks ago, on episode of Say Yes to the Dress - Atlanta,  I watched a bride, originally from the North, try several dresses on in pursuit of a perfect Southern bride look.  Now I guess growing up in the Deep South where everything I ever touched was considered most definitely Southern, I never considered what exactly makes a Southern wedding or a bride a Southern bride?

I forgot about my musings until a few days ago I told someone our wedding reception theme and the response was an enthusiastic, "Ooooooh that is so Southern."  I liked that I had mistakenly picked a Southern wedding theme so I quickly started telling others that we were having a true Southern wedding. Truthfully I had no idea what an all white wedding theme had to do with being Southern but everyone seem to agree that it was indeed Southern.  And why doubt me? After all, I am the Modern Day Southern Belle!

Well even this Southern Belle needs to do a little research from time to time. Therefore, I turned to the highly scientific search method of Google and entered the search terms "Southern Weddings."   The first result to pop up was Southern Weddings Magazine.  I was a little dismayed that I have never even heard of this magazine and I try to call myself an expert on all things Southern!  Seriously, I now know where I will be finding even more inspiration.  So for all you girls out there, Yankee or Southern, who want to have a true Southern affair you need to go to this website.  No, they did not pay me to advertise (although that would be nice), I simply found a great link that I will be using in the future and think it might be a great resource to others.  Now if I could only send it to that Yankee bride on Say Yes to the Dress!  Does anybody know her? 

Real Weddings pinterest
Southern Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment