Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fall Feelings

Fall decor for small porch
Thrifty Decor Chick (Inspiration for our outdoor display.)


Last night while cooking dinner, my phone beeped. It was a text from my mother that read, "I just got a fall feeling." Yes, we celebrate the feelings of the upcoming season in my family. I get excited when any new season approaches.  I get painfully excited when summer starts to appear because I long to get out of my winter blues.  And even though I know winter blues follow after fall I still love the warm comfort of autumn. 

Mom and I started calling these feelings "Fall Feelings" when I was a child.  The phrase is used to describe feelings that can wash over you at any time of the year but are particularly strong around this time of the summer leading into fall.  A warm, cozy feeling that makes you happy is the best description of a "Fall Feeling."  Any unexpected event can give you the feeling. A certain savory smell of food can bring it on.  A cool breeze on a late summer afternoon can remind you that cooler temperatures are coming.  Talk about football plans definitely make you feel the approaching season.  Or just simply the surprising golden lighting of a day can make you feel the warmth of autumn.

I thought mom and I were the only two that felt this way until about 8th grade when one of my friends used the same phrase. Later in college, another friend used the phrase.  So maybe you all know what we are talking about.  Or if not, maybe after reading this blog you will start to recognize these feelings. I hope so because "Fall Feelings" are definitely one of life's little pleasures that everyone should enjoy.

This year I am particularly excited about enjoying my first fall as a newlywed.  I love the rental house we have because I think it is a very "homey" type home and lends itself to lots of fall decorating.  I am already brainstorming ideas so that I can be ready to decorate when the calendar changes to September. Pinterest is my go- to for all kinds of ideas.  These are some of my favorite ones so far. I hope looking through these pictures gives you a "Fall Feeling" today! 



Fall Wreath
I love this wreath from Etsy.

Candy Candles
I first saw this idea in my cousin's house. From: womansday.com

Bing : wine bottle crafts with lights   @Elizabeth Lockhart Lockhart Lockhart Lockhart Lockhart Lockhart Lockhart simon, check this out
I want to try this craft!

Autumn decor ideas :)
Definitely want to use this idea for the table top behind the sofa.



No comments:

Post a Comment