Monday, July 29, 2013

Married Mondays: Birthday Week

This week is a busy one with my mother's birthday starting the week and my husband's birthday finishing the week.  I am thrilled because I absolutely love celebrating birthdays.  I don't believe in just a day either...I say get as many days to celebrate your birthday as you can. I have personally managed to celebrate mine in the past for about a week but a weekend is a definite must every year. 

This weekend, we packed as many fun activities and food in the two days as possible.  Mom and I had a girls day on Saturday that started with shrimp and grits at Big Bad Breakfast followed by a birthday pedicure.  A birthday pedicure is very similar to the traditional pedicure but when you say "birthday" before anything it just makes it that more special!  So we had birthday coffee, birthday pedicures, birthday shopping, birthday wine....then ended the Saturday with my husband joining us for a drink on the balcony of City Grocery followed by dinner at Ajax. 

Sunday, my mom's actual birthday was spent by the pool and then the day ended with a dinner my husband and I hosted at our house for my mom and a couple of friends. In our almost four months of marriage, Ed and I have hosted several dinner parties. We are a great team getting these parties together.  For my mom's birthday, Ed took care of all the balloon blowing up responsibilities. Yes, any activity where he can use a machine makes him happy so he happily used his air compressor (I hope that is the right name of the machine) to fill our house with balloons.

The evening was unseasonably cool so even after we spent the day decorating, we all congregated outside on our deck and enjoyed my husband's boiled shrimp accompanied by my green bean bundles and rosemary roasted potatoes.

It is a wonderful weekend celebrating my mother.  Now we are all way too full and trying to eat light the rest of the week just in time to gear up for my husband's birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment