Thursday, July 17, 2014

Third Trimester Thursdays: 37 weeks and 4 days

I was hoping that I would go to the doctor today to be told I was ready to go to the hospital. I know it is still a little early but a preggo girl can hope like no other! However, hope was all it was today because there was no progress. Baby Buckner is quite happy where he is for now. I know that his cozy status is good for now allowing him more time to grow but it still hard not to grow anxious.  Waiting these days feels like a never ending Christmas Eve.  Everything is done and the celebrations are ready to be started but we still have to wait a little longer. The good news is I feel good except for the stinging from the swelling and a few more aches and pains so I need to find ways to entertain myself (distract myself) for the next 17 days until his due date. Hopefully he is on time (or a tad early!).

Size of the Baby:  I am still measuring at 40 weeks. The Bump says he is the size of a winter melon. Not sure if I ever seen one of those but supposedly he can weigh 6.2 to 9.2 pounds right now. Let's hope for the smaller option out of those sizes!  For the first time today, a woman told me she did not think he was that big but that I was just so small that he had no where to go but out. Finally, someone who realized I am carrying a baby on a 5'2" frame!

What I Miss Most: I am not missing too much right now because not being pregnant is in the near future. I can once again look at fashion magazines and know soon that I will be able to wear something besides maternity clothes which is a great feeling. 

Symptoms: A few mild cramps, consistent weight gain (fun times), swelling in my feet and hands, and hips hurting.

Best Moment of the Week: The nursery is complete and the hospital bag is ready to go. I feel so good having all of those items completed! 


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! And love your positivity! He will be here very (very!) soon!! -Kim

    ReplyDelete