Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursdays Third Trimester Countdown: 10 Days!

Today marks 10 days until Baby Buckner's due date!  I can't believe we are finally in the countdown.  Anticipation is hard. Everything is done. The nursery is finished. His little clothes have been washed and folded. All the diaper and care items are set in place. His diaper bag is packed. The pack and play that he will sleep in for the first few weeks is in our room. The car seat is installed. The house is clean and ready for visitors (and I keep cleaning and cleaning).  And now all we have to do is wait. The waiting part is hard. We really can't make too many plans because we are in such a waiting mode. I have a hard time because I am so excited that I feel like a kid before Christmas morning...except this Christmas Eve is lasting several long days.

I tell myself to try to enjoy the last stage of pregnancy so I am doing my best to make a few plans.  Whatever little plans my big body can accommodate. I told Ed the other day I am way too small to be this big.  My petite 5'2" frame has taken all the extra weight it can handle. But all the frustration of waiting is just due to sheer excitement of getting to meet our sweet little boy soon. Almost time!


No comments:

Post a Comment