Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursdays third Trimester Countdown: 39 weeks and 4 days

I laugh at myself now when I think about how we were all convinced Baby B would arrive early.  There was no indication for him to come early but somehow I just decided we would never make it close to the due date. I thought I would be one of those mamas that went in around week 37 or 38 and easily deliver a healthy baby.  I am still hanging on to the hope of the easy delivery part and definitely a healthy baby but the early part has now passed.

At last week's appointment, I measured at 42 weeks so they did a sonogram to check on Baby B and estimate his weight. My doctor told me before the scan that the weight can be off by a pound. Let's hope he is off by a pound less not a pound more because our little chunky monkey weighed in at 8lbs 11 oz.  I am 5'2" so my normally calm demeanor was a little shaken at this point. No one seemed concerned and my doctor reminded me that it was just an estimate but it was the first time in almost 40 weeks that a c-section was even mentioned. My doctor told me that we weren't ready to throw in the towel yet for a natural birth but we just had to wait and see.  At my next appointment tomorrow, I guess I will learn more...unless he wants to come today!

I said I would never have a birth plan because I have not heard of any one's birth plan actually going the way they planned it. Naturally I am a planner but I feel like the birth of a baby is just something you can't plan. Having a birth plan, in my opinion, just tends to stress you out when it doesn't go as planned. So my plan was to do whatever the doctor deemed necessary to keep us healthy. However, I did not realize that I had more of a plan than I had let on. I guess because I had not wrote it down, I did not think I had a birth plan but the moments after the big C was mentioned and into the weekend, I was an emotional mess. C-section was NOT A PART OF MY PLAN!  Did I mention I am a natural planner?

Since crying my way through last weekend, I adjusted back to the idea of being flexible to whatever happens because whatever happens is an answer to my prayers that God takes care of us. I feel like my emotionally stable self now...well as much as a 9 month pregnant woman can be emotionally stable. Hopefully he will come this weekend just in time for Daddy's big birthday weekend and we can see his adorable face in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment