Monday, May 20, 2013

Marry Me Monday: Capturing Every Sweet Moment

Go to any bride website, read any wedding magazine or speak to any former bride and the advice is always the same, "Enjoy every moment because it goes by so fast."  The wedding day is probably the fastest day any person will live if they are the bride or groom.  The best advice I read somewhere was to steal little moments to realize what is going on around you and take mental snapshots.  I tried to take in every second of the day and there are several mental snapshots that I have in addition to the real pictures.

The wedding day started off with a family breakfast hosted by my sweet cousins Jimmy, Christy and Andrew.  The breakfast was a relaxing moment before the day took off at full speed.  Good food was had while funny family stories were told.  The mental snapshot for the morning was lots of laughter over breakfast as sleepy friends and family members drifted out of their hotel rooms to start the day with us.

After finishing setting up the reception site and eating a quick lunch at McAllisters, it was back to the hotel to start getting ready. My cousin, Kimbrell, came to my hotel room to do my hair and make up. I originally thought I would do my own but Kimbrell, a hairstylist and make up artist, offered and I am so glad that she did. Not only did I love my look but not having to do my own was so relaxing.  Even more special, it was just Mom, Kimbrell and me for about an hour.  We had sweet family time and reimininsced about when Mom babysat Kimbrell as a child. The only things that would keep her from crying were crackers and brushing her hair.  She must have known as a baby that hair would be her future profession.  The mental snapshot I have from that moment is when my sweet bridesmaids came in and saw what I looked like for the first time.  They all made me feel so beautiful! I was surrounded all day by so much love!

Next week: Getting dressed and the first look photo!
Sweet family moment. Kimbrell doing my hair and make-up meant so much to me!


Loved my hair and make up by Kimbrell!

No comments:

Post a Comment