Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Wine-A-Rita!

My husband told me to stop telling people about this drink but it is too good to not share!  In grad school, I developed an allergy to tequila while drinking margaritas with grad school friends and my throat started to close. I like breathing a lot so I have not tried a tequila drink since then.  While not a life altering allergy since most people can adjust to life without margaritas, I still did miss that refreshing lime taste.

Enters my fix everything husband and he invents a drink just for me!  Ed's margarita recipe has been a favorite in his circle of friends for awhile so he adjusted it for me by switching out the tequila for wine.  We sampled a few methods before finding the perfect mix. And now I have told everyone about it.  Ed says that I need to stop because he will be stuck in the kitchen juicing limes all night for people when they come over if too many people find out.  Yes, it is that good...even my tequila friends love it!  Cheers!

Wine-A-Rita
2 Limes (juiced)
5-6 oz Pinot grigio (we tried sauvignon blanc but pinot works better)
1 shot of triple sec

Load it down with ice and stir.  YUM!  (You can salt the rim, I just always ordered the salt free variety).

You can see the original blog post about my hubby's margarita making skills here .

No comments:

Post a Comment