Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Summer Projects

Confession: I am a procrastinator when it comes to home and craft projects.  I always have the best intentions to actually make the recipes and projects I see on Pinterest. I go to Hobby Lobby and get inspired, only to come home and get overwhelmed with the daily tasks that must get done.  I always think one day. In fact, one of my Pinterest boards is labeled, "Projects I Plan On Doing One Day." I think I should change that label to "Projects I Will Probably Never Do." However, I have hope! I just started a new phase of life and I am hoping to leave the crafting procrastination behind me. 

I love my busy life. We travel a lot.  We socialize a lot.  We have a lot of fun.  So while I don't have a lot of time to sit around crafting, my life is full. I am not just procrastinating because I am watching The Real Housewives of Orange County (well maybe a little).  However, there are some things I really want to do so I need to figure out how to make time for them.   And as an expert list maker, I have made a Summer Projects 2013 list that I am determined to make a priority so I can overcome my home procrastination habit.   I hope by publishing my home project goals I will actually achieve them! Hold me accountable...just don't call while The Housewives are on!

Projects I WILL Do
 Summer 2013 

Assemble a wedding card book for all our cards. I found a how-to on: artofweddingspdx.com

Print and frame several wedding photos.  Isn't this a cute idea?  I found this on a fellow blogger's website: williamandjacqueline.blogspot.com
Finish decorating our bedroom. These colors and patterns are my inspiration.  From: www.centsationalgirl.com

Learn how to assemble a non-sew curtain for the back bathroom. From: www.bhg.com
We love to cook and we received several great cookbooks which is something I collect. Therefore a summer goal and hobby will be to experiment with new recipes and host dinner parties! Thanks to my cuz Stephanie for this cookbook!
Frame and display wedding memorabilia.  I got this idea from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment