Monday, May 27, 2013

Marry Me Monday: Capturing Every Sweet Moment (Part 2)

By the time we reached the church we were running late for pictures and I wasn't even in my dress yet.  Event though I had carefully planned the timeline, wedding days inevitably can make even the most organized be late.  I was trying to stay calm because I wanted to make sure I stayed happy and in the moment but my hands were shaking as I unpacked my things in the church dressing room.  All of sudden a small glass of chardonnay appeared in front of me.  Ashley knew the stress I was feeling and knew exactly how to calm the moment.  My mental snapshot of that moment is the red solo cup with the chilled wine and sweet Ashley's smile.

Ed and I agreed to give each other notes before our first look photo.  I handed Ashley a note and asked her to find Ed for me.  She came back just a few minutes later with a card for me.  I really thought in the stress of all the wedding planning, Ed would forget we had decided to exchange notes. However, he did better than me in my opinion.  The card was picked out especially for this day and helped me focus on the true meaning of the day.  I still see Ashley's expression which captured the significance of that moment.  I could tell she felt honored for getting to be the one who made the exchange possible.

I was finally dressed and ready to go down to the sanctuary for our first look photo.  One of my strongest memories of the day is walking into the quiet church with the only sound being the swishing of my train. The sound was very loud in the quiet of everything else. Ed says that hearing the train was the first time he got nervous.  I thought we were alone with the exception of the photographer but I looked over and saw Ed's brother, Jamie.  He looked in awe of the moment. I saw that expression many times from many people that day.  I remember thinking I was glad Jamie was with us getting to witness this moment. I was too overwhelmed with nerves and emotion to speak so when I reached Ed I just touched his shoulder to let him know I was there.  I felt better after that touch.  The nerves subsided and excitement set in.

Ashley gives me the card
Love this picture...everything else is a blur except what is really important!
Ed's mother and grandmother see the card

First look picture taken through the door by Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment